Saturday, September 27, 2008

Celebrate Good Times. Come on.

September 27...

Yesterday was St. Michael's first ever graduation ceremony! The school staff, invited guests and a host of parents were on site to lend their congratulations to the Form Four students. And for those of you who are blissfully unaware of the British schooling system circa 1963, that's grade 12 by Canadian measures.

Let me just say that this graduation ceremony for 70 students made my York University graduation of 800 look like a walk in the park! It officially started at 11.00 (an hour late) and wasn't over until the last person was fed at 4.30 in the afternoon! Wow. It was a merathon of songs, dances, dramas, official introductions and speeches. And I was very glad to have a translator beside me.

All in all, it was a beautiful ceremony and I am glad I was able to be a part of it. Slowly but surely education is going to revolutionize Tanzania.



No comments: