Friday, October 17, 2008

Adventures in the Highlands

October 17...

I got the chance to visit a remote village last week. It was great fun even getting there. The roads, well they really weren't roads. More like, “Oh hey, those crater looking things seem to be in a line. Do you think they could have been roads once?” I'm just glad we were in a capable 4X4 truck that could handle the terrain.

We were picking up some students for the Bible School that's also located on the St. Michael's grounds. It took a few hours to get there and when we finally did, our passengers were not ready for us yet. So we helped some locals bring sand up from the river to make cement and my friend Ken (the driver and an Australian ex-pat working at St. Michael's) played with the local kids.

All the kids loved Ken. He's pretty much everyone's grandpa here.

It was a fun trip and I was happy to have had the chance to go.







2 comments:

Grace Wicks said...

Hi Jason....Just want to let you know that we are reading your blog.

Love
Aunt Grace

Grace Wicks said...

Hi Jason...my first comments were just to see if I could get this to work...we are reading everything you write...What an adventure you are having...I had to smile when you talked about your prayer requests....ask what you will..I do..God will sort out if it is a need or a want... The pictures you are sending are awesome....I look at them & I am reminded that I have so much to be Thankful for.
It is a beautiful Fall day here in Newfoundland...the leaves are everywhere....Be careful & I know you are tightly held in God's strong hands...We love you & pray for you daily..

Love
Aunt Grace & the Family